Alkali Hussaini Foundation is a Non govermental Organisation (NGO) established in memory of the late Alkali Hussaini Gwandu, an accomplished scholar and Judge who devoted his life in pursuit of philanthropic causes and helping the underprivileged.
Its key areas of focus are Poverty Alleviation, Youth Empowerment, Care for Orphans, combat illiteracy and enhance quality of education. Improve on healthcare services and the emancipation of Women from socio-economic, cultural and political limitations so that they may be better equipped to be actively involved and fully participate in nation building.
To empower and help communities conquer illiteracy, poverty, hunger and lead healthier lives.
To see communities where poverty, illiteracy and disease are eradicated and every member is empowered to become self reliant and contribute to national development.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To empower the youth in our target communities.
- To provide education and awareness to the less privileged in the society.
- To stimulate and develop income generating alternatives for women/widows, youths, orphans and physically challenged through training and the establishment of small business enterprises.
- To pursue programs that will generally reduce poverty and illiteracy, improve health and sanitation and uplift standard of living in communities.
- To establish of to secure the establishment of community centres for practical skills acquisition.
- To co-operate with any like minded organisation or body in the realisation of its set objectives.
To achieve its objectives, the foundation will
- Encourage women to go to school and acquire skills so as to participate in socio-economic development of the society, while improving their quality of life.
- Encouraging the Youth and the Underprivileged members of the society with knowledge, skills and entrepreneurial training in the fields of agriculture, horticulture, fish farming, animal husbandry etc through the setting up of small and medium enterprises.
- Facilitate women and youth training in areas of practical skills acquisition such as sewing, handcraft, knitting, embroidery, house decoration and other arts.
- Provide platforms for sourcing micro-credit to all grandaunts of the various training programs of the foundation.