Alkali Hussaini Foundation
AHF is a Non-governmental Organisation (NGO) established in memory of the late Alkali Hussaini Gwandu, an accomplished scholar and Judge who devoted his life in pursuit of philanthropic causes and helping the underprivileged.
Its key areas of focus are Poverty Alleviation, Youth Empowerment, Care for Orphans, combat illiteracy, and enhance the quality of education. Improve on healthcare services and the emancipation of women from socio-economic, cultural, and political limitations so that they may be better equipped to be actively involved and fully participate in nation-building.
Aims & Objectives
- To empower the youth in our target communities.
- To provide education and awareness to the less privileged in society.
- To stimulate and develop income-generating alternatives for women/widows, youths, orphans, and physically challenged through training and the establishment of small business enterprises.
- To pursue programs that will generally reduce poverty and illiteracy, improve health and sanitation, and uplift the standard of living in communities.
- To establish the secure the establishment of community centers for practical skills acquisition.
- To co-operate with any like-minded organization or body in the realization of its set objectives.
To achieve its objectives, the foundation will
- Encourage women to go to school and acquire skills so as to participate in the socio-economic development of society, while improving their quality of life.
- Encouraging the Youth and the Underprivileged members of the society with knowledge, skills, and entrepreneurial training in the fields of agriculture, horticulture, fish farming, animal husbandry etc, through the setting up of small and medium enterprises.
- Facilitate women and youth training in areas of practical skills acquisition such as sewing, handcraft, knitting, embroidery, house decoration, and other arts.
- Provide platforms for sourcing micro-credit to all grandaunts of the various training programs of the foundation.